Thursday, July 14, 2005

Now...this is a Sequel!


This is one sequel I cannot wait for. I've seen Clerks over 100 times and it's just the best.

Kevin Smith is preparing to bring his "Clerks" characters back to the big screen with the sequel, "The Passion of the Clerks." Production on the follow-up film began in January 2005.

Smith wrote the screenplay, which will reunite "Clerks" stars Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson. The film will also feature a reappearance of Jay (Jason Mewes) and Silent Bob (Smith).

Smith told Variety that working on the "Clerks" DVD provided the inspiration for "The Passion of the Clerks." "It reminded me why I got into the film biz in the first place: to make talky, low-budget comedies. So I wrote this script about the older and not-so wiser Dante and Randal, as they try to deal with a decade of further disillusionment, even less sex and eroding pop culture," said Smith.

SOURCE: Variety via {ONTD}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home