Saturday, July 09, 2005

Yeehaw Y'all




As usual I had to work and I missed out. I always miss all this fun stuff. These rednecks sure know how to have a good time. Suuuuueeeee!!!

EAST DUBLIN, Ga. Jul 2, 2005 — In his garage, Melvin Davis keeps 230 trophies he's won racing motorcycles, go-karts and pickup trucks. But he's best known for a sport that earned him four trophies topped with crushed Bud Lite cans.

"Yeah, looking back on it I'm proud. But when I done it I felt a little silly," said Davis, 68. "People were going, `There's the bobbing-for-pigs-feet champion!'"

Bobbing for pig feet, the mudpit belly-flop, the armpit serenade they're all part of the Redneck Games, a series of good ole'ympic events for the ain't-so-athletic celebrating their 10th year in middle Georgia.

Started as a Southern-fried spoof of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, with a propane torch lighting a ceremonial barbecue grill, the gag games draw tourists like moths to a backyard bug-zapper.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeap. It seems that it was quite fun. I couldn't make it, as weel, but our correspondant did.

Take a look, hope you like it...

http://www.mobuzztv.com/shows/182.html

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Evie said...

Thanks Roger! Loved it! I can't quite get the image of the fat man in the diaper out of my mind...but soon I hope.

Love the site!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home