Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Today's Brilliant People

Brilliant Person #1

This guy is making a documentary that follows him as he goes to every Starbucks in the world. Yippee! That would be 5,715 of them to be exact. He used to be a lawyer and somehow quit and thought this would be a good idea.

"On the day he hit 29 stores he wasn't feeling too good,"
Tangeman said. "He was a little nauseous."

No shit? I know for a fact that if I had 29 Grande Mochas I'd be running around like a steroid ridden, crack freak desperately searching for my valium bottle .

"Every time I reach a Starbucks I feel like I've accomplished something," Winter said, "when actually I have accomplished nothing."

Okay. I'm going with no shit...again. Hope he remembers to take his high blood pressure medication. After further reading...I was still unable to find a point to any of this.

OSCARS 2007 HERE WE COME! Okay, maybe I'm being too hopeful.

Too hopeful? Nah. How about just plain old idiot? At least the guy that did "Super Size Me" was making a point. Keep up the good work. Oh, and good luck in Seattle! If his blog is any indication as to how entertaining this movie is going to be....good luck pal. Sounds riveting. Movie

Brilliant Person #2

Either this idiot has been strung out on Starbucks with the above idiot...or...I'm thinking there was some serious alcohol involved in this little escapade. What other explanation could there be?

Last night during the Yankees game some guy decides to jump off of the upper deck onto the net. Apparently, he was curious if it would hold his weight. Now, if it were me,which would never happen, but hypothetically speaking...I would think a little further ahead. If it didn't hold my weight, my skull would crack open and I would be...like dead and all.

This guy was not bright at all and decided to go through with his brilliant test. Luckily for him his experiment payed off because the net did in fact hold his weight. They took him off on a stretcher in a neck brace to the hospital where he was arrested and police expect to charge him with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct, etc. Story

It was the second time in five years a fan dropped from the upper deck at Yankee Stadium. In May 2000, 24-year-old Stephen Laurenzi of Yonkers, N.Y., was unconscious for a short time while sprawled on the net as a game between Boston and New York went on. He also was arrested and taken to a hospital for observation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home